Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tit-a-tete

Spent Saturday knitting a breast in aid of cancer research. I am getting slightly worried that a trend is developing here,.. yes, private bodily parts, what next?! A knitted penis in aid of Fathers for Justice?? Dearest doctor Sigmund would have a field day with me. But it was a pretty civilised afternoon all in all and I felt like an honorary antipodean for an afternoon. Tash and Pauline came to pick me up in the yarnmobile and we found our way to SW as directed by surfer dude Ken. Met a lady who was wearing an awesome felted pea necklace. and my good knittery deed for the day was showing a newbie the intricacies of dpns.

I was trying really hard not to buy any more yarn after going crazy at Ally Pally but they had some silk Habu in a lovely blue color and I just could not resist. In my defence, I managed not to crack for 4 hours whilst surrounded by temping, yummy goodness so I did try to exercise some restraint. Although, I was running around the shop stroking and groping yarn like some demented and depraved person. Hee hee!

No comments: